NCCN Privacy Statement
2. Collecting information
Harborside may collect or track the following information from visitors to the site.
Information provided voluntarily
We will collect information that you provide voluntarily. This may include:
- Any e-mail addresses of users who communicate with Harborside via e-mail
- Information submitted by users through online forms, registrations, surveys, etc.
Information collected automatically
We may collect information about your use of our website to help enhance your user experience. This may include:
- Information about your (a) device hardware, (b) operating system, (c) browser type, and (d) some settings of the device you use to access the website. This information helps us deliver better service by helping us estimate usage patterns and speed up processing.
- Log files with the user's (a) time and date of any requests, (b) computer Internet address, (c) duration of time on the website, (d) list of downloaded files, and (e) general information about the location of your device. This information helps us diagnose problems with our servers and software and helps us optimize the delivery of our content to your device.
Online behavioral information
We may collect information about (a) the pages accessed by users, (b) browsing activity on the website, and (c) interaction with online advertisements. This data give us feedback on the importance of various types of content for our users. In this circumstance, a third-party vendor may collect and store data about your interests and online activity. None of the data stored by the third party is personally identifiable information. This data may be used to serve you content and advertising that is more relevant to your interests. You may opt out of behavioral data collection by sending an email request to email@example.com. Even if you opt out of this program, you may still see advertising on our website, but this advertising will not be served to you because of your previous browsing activity.
We may collect other information about you, your device, or your usage of the website at various times during your usage. We will describe this information at the time we ask for it and will only collect such information with your explicit consent. You may choose not to provide us with this information, though doing so may impact your ability to use all functionality of the website.
3. Using your information
There are a number of ways in which we will use information held about you:
- To deliver content from our website that is suitable to your interests and optimized for your device.
- To provide you with information about our content or services that we believe will be of interest to you.
- To monitor our users interests and usage patterns to improve our content offerings
- To diagnose problems with the delivery of our content to you and to rectify those issues as quickly as possible.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so.
- To contact you when necessary.
4. Data collection technologies
Visitors may always decline Internet cookies by using the appropriate features of their web browser. Please note that some future services of the website may not work if your browser does not accept cookies.
Web beacons or 1 x 1 pixels
A web beacon or pixel tag is a clear image file that a company can place on the website or in digital communications to allow it or a third party, such as an Internet advertiser, to collect and analyze advertising campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to the website. Harborside allows certain third parties to use beacons on the website for these purposes. We do not use these beacons to collect personally identifiable information.
Some web browsers are enabled with “Do Not Track” features. Like most web services, since uniform standards for "Do Not Track" signals have not been adopted, Harborside does not process or respond to "Do Not Track" signals. The collection of traffic data on our website may occur even when “Do Not Track” signals are enabled on your web browser.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Harborside is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Harborside encourages users to be aware when they leave the website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
5. Protecting your information
Harborside is committed to the prevention of any unauthorized release of or access to personal information by using password-protected directories and databases to safeguard this data. This information is stored on our servers, which are behind a firewall and physically housed in a secure data center. In addition, our internal practices limit employee access to any of this information. However, because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, Harborside cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers or databases. By using the website, you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you use the website. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we will seek to notify you.
Harborside will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws and regulations. If you would like to access the information we have about your use of the website, you may do so by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request that we delete your held information by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Disclosing information to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing our customers. These parties are obligated to keep this information confidential and access your personal information only to perform their requested functions and services.
We may also release your information under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes, or to establish our rights to defend against legal claims
- To protect our or others' rights, property, or safety against illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our policies
- If Harborside or this website is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company
We may report aggregate information about usage to third parties, including our vendors and advertisers. No personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
At our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website through the use of banner ads, which may link to other websites not under our control. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, and they may use cookie technology to measure the effectiveness of their ads or to collect other personally identifiable information from you when you leave this site. We are not responsible or liable for the content and activities of these linked sites. We always wish to protect the integrity of our site and welcome feedback about these third-party links.
6. Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act Compliance
This website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from visitors in this age group. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years or older. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parents or legal guardians before visiting this site.
7. Information for Visitors from the European Union
Lawful basis for data processing
Harborside collects and processes information about you where we have a lawful basis. This basis includes processing that is (a) necessary to provide you with a requested service (contract); (b) necessary to maintain our relationship with you and to improve our website and its services (legitimate interests); and (c) allowed based on your approval (consent), which may be withdrawn at any time. If you reside in the European Union and have questions about the lawful basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see below).
EU Data Subject Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides certain rights for EU data subjects.
- You may decline to share personal information with us.
- You may request to see the personal information we store about you.
- You may request to change or update the personal information we store about you.
- You may request that we delete the personal information we store about you.
Some of these decisions may impact our ability to provide the services and functionality of the website. To process any of these requests, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see below).
9. Data Protection Officer
Harborside has a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection officer. The Data Protection Officer can be reached here:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
94 North Woodhull Road
Huntington, NY 11743
10. Contacting us:
If you have any concerns or questions about any aspect of this policy, please feel free to contact Harborside as follows:
94 North Woodhull Road
Huntington, NY 11743
Updated: May 20, 2018