Site Editor

Leo I. Gordon, MD, FACP

Advertisement
Advertisement

Update on Brexucabtagene Autoleucel in the Treatment of Resistant Mantle Cell Lymphoma

By: Emily Rhode
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2022

According to the results of an updated report from the U.S. Lymphoma CAR T Consortium, use of the antibody-drug conjugate brexucabtagene autoleucel of relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma showed continued efficacy and safety, comparable to ZUMA-2 data. Yucai Wang, MD, PhD, of the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, and colleagues presented their results at the European Hematology Association (EHA) 2022 Congress (Abstract P1155).

The analysis of 189 patients with relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma from 16 consortium centers included 167 patients (88%) who completed infusions. There was a 90% cytokine-release syndrome rate and a 61% rate of immune effector cell–associated neurotoxicity syndrome. The 30-day overall response rate for the 159 patients who could be evaluated was 89%. Complete response and partial response rates were 70% and 19%, respectively. The overall response, complete response, and partial response rates after continued follow-up were 89%, 80%, and 9%, respectively. Median follow-up was 5.6 months, and the authors estimated that the 6-month duration of response rate was 67% (95% confidence interval [CI] = 57%–75%), progression-free survival rate was 63% (95% CI = 54%–71%), and overall survival rate was 85% (95% CI = 77%–90%).

Although the responses, cytokine-release syndrome rates, immune effector cell–associated neurotoxicity rates, and survival outcomes were all comparable to the outcomes of the ZUMA-2 study, 78% of patients would have been ineligible for ZUMA-2. The reasons for ineligibility were most commonly due to prior therapies, renal dysfunction, cardiac comorbidities, cytopenias, an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status of at least 2, and central nervous system involvement.

Disclosure: For full disclosures of the study authors, visit library.ehaweb.org.


By continuing to browse this site you permit us and our partners to place identification cookies on your browser and agree to our use of cookies to identify you for marketing. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more.